Ethos and Values
Port Isaac School Vision Statement
‘In our School good learning happens in a secure and happy environment. We expect everyone to take pride in both their school and themselves.’
We achieve this through our Shared Values and Beliefs, which are:
- Everyone has the right to feel secure, safe and supported
- Everyone has a right to equality of opportunity
- All individuals should have a voice
- There should be high expectations of everybody
- As well as having rights we also have responsibilities
- Healthy, inspired and happy people make lifetime learners
- There should be no barriers to developing potential
- There should be challenge for all
- The Early Years are very important
- Politeness matters
- Creativity is at the heart of our School
Agreed at a Governors meeting: Wednesday 9th July 2008 after consultation with Governors and Parents.
Port Isaac School’s ‘3 Rules for Life’
1. Show good manners at all times.
2. Follow instructions with thought and care.
3. Show Care and respect for everyone and everything